Managing low mood
What will the group be like?
- It runs for 12 weeks, each session is 2 hours long.
- It will be a group for people who feel they are experiencing periods of depression which are impacting on their lives.
- There will be at least two experienced facilitators to help you learn specific cognitive behavioural strategies to manage your depression.
- The group is based on Cognitive Behavioural Therapy (CBT), which is an evidence based psychological approach focusing on the links between thoughts, feelings and behaviours.
- You will be encouraged to practice strategies in-between the weekly sessions and then reflect on what’s been learnt.
What will the group cover?
- You will learn about the nature of depression.
- Understand the interactions between our thoughts, behaviours and emotions.
- Develop strategies to cope with triggers that may cause people to become depressed.
- Learn how to actively prevent relapse into depression
For future dates please click here.